Monday, November 12, 2012

Weird Girl Alone

I can be awkward. I'm okay with it. I'm strange and I like it. As I write this, I'm having a wild west showdown with the dog and a rolled up piece of paper because he thinks it's appropriate to be on the uncovered part of the couch. I think he needs to be on his section that's covered with a sheet. Danny is sitting between us doing the showdown sound: "Oooweeoooweeoooooo, waaa waa waaaaaa....." We're an odd little family. And it is good.

So today, I'm thankful for the folks in my life who love me for my weird awkwardness, and embrace their own. I like having folks around who don't bat an eyelash when I burst into spontaneous, made-up song. Friends who will jump up and dance like silly fools with me as I make up a very thigh-intensive routine. Ones who understand my phobia of hospitals and point out that I'm getting all tense and squidgy when I don't realize it. People who don't tease me (too much) about my love of 1980s Schwarzenegger movies. Family members who also appreciate warm snuggly clothing-ish choices, such as the footie onsie and Superman snuggies.

Thanks for not letting me be a weird girl alone ;-)

1 comment:

  1. We both know I out-awkward you. In an awkward contest, I would win with the best awkward sauce in the land. But this is why we are friends! :)

    ReplyDelete