Saturday, November 10, 2012

Today Has Been an Ugly Day, or, Thank You for Being a Friend, Travel Down the Road and Back Again...

Today started out pretty rough...I'm in the drainage stage of the ick, which means it's almost gone, but on the other hand, my entire head is fucking leaking. And I have been incredibly sad all morning. Like crying for 2 hours. Finally, I decided that I had to leave the house early, because I won't allow myself to be a weepy, snotty mess in public. So here I sit at Cup O'Joe, red-eyed, puffy faced and exhausted (because crying and sneezing and coughing really takes it outta you!), writing my thankful entry for the day, since what I'm thankful for today is a big part of my sobfest this morning.

Today, I'm thankful for my friends. (And I'm going to try really REALLY hard not to start crying again. Because I'm at a coffee shop. And we have already established that I won't allow this to happen in public. So take THAT, tear ducts!) I don't have a million friends, but I do have a lot of friends that go way back into my past, as well as some newer ones. I feel incredibly lucky to have had some amazing people in my life who, no matter how far away or how long it's been since we've talked, when we see/chat with each other, we just fall right back into that familiar rhythm.

This morning was a sad one because of Gary (obv), but then to compound that, there were some happy tears involved because of how much love and support I, and my whole family, received from these folks (clearly my emotions never got the memo that sad=crying and happy=smiling...gotta work on that). I'm not one to use the word "blessed" unless there's a really damn good reason, and this is one of those reasons. I must have been a very good girl in a past life to be blessed with people like these in my life now. I can't tell you enough how infinitely grateful I am for you, but I want to say it so that you do know. Thank you for being you. (Effffff! Tears happened, but I was able to get them before they left my eyeballs, so that counts as not crying right? I'm gonna give myself that one.)






If your pretty face isn't in this shitshow of pictures, it's not that I don't love you, it's that I don't have a pic of us...and we should probably change that! Also, I really need to get one of those picture stitchy doohickies, because I get so frustrated because I can never make the pictures line up in any sort of discernible fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment