Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's Gonna Be Me!

First of all, happy Veteran's Day, and a huge thank you to the men and women in our armed forces who risk their lives and sacrifice time with their loved ones on a daily basis.

Another thing I'm thankful for today is alone time. Since Danny had to work, I've been by myself for the most part, all weekend, with the exception of my class. And I'm okay with that. I've breakfasted, lunched and dinnered alone. In public. Gasp! (really, I'm totes good with that. I do it pretty regularly because a) I'm not self-conscious about it and b) by the time I'm ready to eat, I don't want to futz around trying to get someone to go with me. I'm most likely a hungry, cranky monster by that point.)

I was able to eat cereal for dinner today and not get teased because of my frosted mini wheats/granola/pecan/flax seed mix. I eat grandma cereal...don't hate on my colon healthy choices!

I've had a chance to catch up on my stories. Granted, some of these shows are over a month old, so I still have dumb ass campaign commercials, but at least I can fast forward them :-)

So, it's been a good weekend and I'm thankful for the opportunity to have some me time, but everything in moderation, no?



No comments:

Post a Comment