Saturday, November 24, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

Do you have a thing that you do that you're a little ashamed of? Something that you don't usually tell other people, because you're pretty sure that they'll judge you? I'm not talking about anything destructive, like hiding a gambling or drug addiction, but something a bit more mundane...a guilty pleasure if you will.

I watch "Pretty Little Liars" on ABC Family. Danny gives me shit about it whenever I watch it (but he knows the story line. As much as he teases me, he watches it right along with me!), but what he doesn't know is that I'm currently reading the PLL series. I'm on book 10, I'm pissed because the TV show is so far off the books and I get it on my Kindle, so no one ever has to know my shameful little secret ;-)

When I was younger, if there was no one at the house but me, I would crank up Mariah Carey's first album, especially "Vanishing" and "Vision of Love" and belt them shits out like I was the next star of VH1 Divas, high ass dog whistle note and all. But really, let's keep it real...I still do that.

Cheese. Lots of it. It goes all up in my belly and makes my mouth happy, even though I KNOW eating half a wedge of bleu cheese is something that no sane person should ever do.

There are plenty of other things in my life that people would probably give me the judgey eyes for, and I'm not gonna share. Because a girl's got to leave some mystery, right?

So today, I'm thankful for guilty pleasures. The little things you do just for yourself, because they make you happy, no matter how weird or awkward or frivolous or out of the norm that other people may think they are.

1 comment:

  1. In college, I cleaned my apartment, in the buck, listening to Shania Twain. Every weekend. No shame.

    ReplyDelete