Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just One of Those Days

You ever have one of those days where nothing feels right? If you're sitting, you want to be walking, but when you start walking, you think, "This is just too much effort, and for what?!?"

I had one of those days yesterday. I was crampy and cranky, and wasn't finding any jobs to apply for, and tried to get some things done that didn't go the way I wanted, got a huge bill from my insurance, felt friendless and the weather was grey. So I decided that I could sit and wallow in my shitty day, or get up and do something.

So I did. I went to a kickboxing class (and I thought I was going to die. That old guy leading the class was NO JOKE!) at the park, came home, took the dogs for a run, did a little yoga and meditation. Just laid quietly upstairs and breathed and opened myself up to whatever good is floating around in my life. And afterwards, I felt better. And then 2 friends got in touch with me about getting together. One was last night (drinks at a dive bar with the girls, which was exactly what I needed!), and the other was trying to figure something out for the next week or so.

Today's going to be a good day. Because I said so, dammit! Have a lovely day friends :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment