Friday, September 2, 2011

GOOD 30 Day Challenge: Days 1 and 2

I ran across this challenge from a friend on facebook, called the "GOOD 30 Day Challenge." Each month GOOD (an organization focused on creating a community for people and businesses who want to live well and do good. Their tag line is "For People Who Give A Damn." I mean, how awesome is that?!?) has a 30 day challenge, and September's task is to create connections with people. Since it is September 2, I have already missed day one, but I'll backtrack to that one. Here's a link to the GOOD 30 Day Challenge, if you want to learn more about it.

Here we go so far:

Day 1: Send someone a postcard - I'll get back to that one, as soon as I get some postcards! (If you want one, I will send a postcard to the first 4 addresses I get. Even if we don't know each other. It's nice to get real mail in this age of digital communication and junk mail.)

Day 2: Have a conversation with a service employee - I try to be friendly to everyone I come in contact with, especially if they are doing something for me. I found this fun little coffee shop in the course of some of my random wanderings on the internets, so I decided to go check it out. When I went in, I chatted with the man behind the counter about how I found the coffee shop and then we had a nice conversation about the different types of coffee he has, which led to teas that we both like, and then he walked me through how he brews each cup of coffee to order, which was pretty cool!

(**Side note: I have the attention span of a pickle, so whenever I set out to find something specific online, I inevitably have to drag myself away from something so far off topic that I can't even figure out how I got there. It's like those Family Circus comics where Little Billy has to go someplace close by and ends up taking the most ridiculous route to get there, as documented by a thick black dotted line swirling all around the panel. I was looking at the Experience Columbus website to see if they had any jobs available, they had a blog, 7 entries in, the blog mentioned this coffee shop. And here we are. Sitting in said coffee shop. Writing about it. Weird how that works out, huh?**)

No comments:

Post a Comment