Thursday, September 29, 2011

29 and Feelin' Fine!

For the next 5 minutes, it is my birthday. The first day of the last year of my 20s. Yeesh, where on earth has the time gone? At the risk of being cliche, I made a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. I think I can do most things on this list, and I'm gonna try super hard to get through the whole thing.


1.     Dance on a bar. True story, I’ve never Coyote Uglied it up. I feel like I missed out on some coming of age ritual in college.
2.     Learn to thread and use my sewing machine.
3.     Make myself pants that fit like a dream so that I don’t feel like a giant, misshapen lump when I try to go pants shopping.
4.     Go surfing.
5.     Perform on stage. I did one of the monologues in the Vagina Monologues earlier this year (the one I did was “My Angry Vagina.” Really, did you think it would be anything but that one?), and it was AWESOME and I can’t wait to perform again!
6.     Have an amazing vegetable garden.
7.     Learn how to snowboard to the point that I can do jumps and whatnot without falling and breaking myself.
8.     Buy myself a new (to me) car…I’m thinking a Mazda 3, a Mini Cooper or a Fiat. Hmm, this is an interesting small car thing I’m into. But can’t you just see me ripping around corners and driving like a bat out of hell in a little nugget of a car like these??
9.     Take a trip abroad…Australia, Sri Lanka, Japan, you know places where I know folks :-D
10. Lollapalooza
11. Warrior Dash in under 45 minutes
12. Yup, I’m gonna just suck it up and go for it…complete either a half marathon or a sprint triathlon. If I’m feeling super saucy, maybe even both!
13. Dye my hair. Nothing too cray-cray (a girl’s still gotta work ya know!), but maybe some red streaks?
14. Get another tattoo. I’m thinking a dragon to match my phoenix.
15. Learn at least one graphic design program.
16. Throw awesome themed dinner parties.
17. Start playing the cello again.
18. Take ballet classes.
19. Get married. 11 years is quite a long courtship, and I love the beau <3.
20. Climb a mountain. It doesn’t have to be anything extraordinary or require mountain climbing equipment, but it does have to be at least a challenging hike!
21. Create a strong group of friends that actually gets together on a regular basis.
22. Be in one of the Columbus magazines, CBus, Columbus Style, Capital Style, you know, any of those publications that start with C…
23. Go on a rustic camping trip. Pitching tents, building fires, pooping in holes, bathing in streams, the whole shebang!
24. Create something that I can sell. I think I’m a pretty creative person, I just need to find what I’m passionate about making J.
25. Build a second bathroom and/or update the first bathroom.
26. Stop biting my damn nails!
27. Read the Bible, Koran and Torah. No, I am not religious. But I do want to be well informed about what makes people feel justified to do such crazy ass things in the name of religion.
28. Create several really good dessert recipes.
29. Referring to #6: Can things and make pickled veggies.
30. Earn a sweet ass nickname. People call me random things, but it would be AWESOME to have a universally known nickname. Or a theme song. I’d be okay with a theme song…

No comments:

Post a Comment