Friday, January 13, 2012

Oh, You Fency, Huh?

Well, we're almost halfway through January. Where, oh where has the time gone? Not much has been going on in Amber's World of Domesticating, because Amber is even more broke than before she had a job (oof, you know things are bad when I start referring to myself in 3rd person. I'm done with that now.)
Anyway, I don't think I ever told you about our fence! We started it Labor Day weekend, and it took us about 2 months to get to a place where we could actually let the dogs out in the back yard. It's still not completely done. I still have to stain about 1/4 of it and the garden fence, but I think we did a pretty damn good job!
First fence posts!
Some of the rails are up!
Other side of the yard, keeping out the Demon Bush!
Side fence...the gate wasn't done yet
Our neighbor has this demon thorny bush next to his driveway that we had to build the fence around. And I'm pretty sure that bush gave me more pricks than a college bar on a Saturday night! And because I'm smaller and Danny doesn't know how to use the paint sprayer, I got to climb around in the bush to stain that side of the fence. What. Fun. It was actually probably pretty entertaining to watch me in jeans, a hoody tied as tight around my face as I could get it and still breathe, a respirator, safety glasses and gloves, trying to protect myself from that pokey bastard and the toxic stain spray.

Demon Bush

Devil Thorns on the Demon Bush

Add a little stain...
 Here's the cool thing...we built this bad boy by ourselves, from scratch. None of that pre-fab panel shit. I can now take a glance at a piece of wood and be able to tell you if it's shit and warped, or if it will give you a lovely fence line. The security guards at the Menard's lumber yard know our car. I can contort my body to fit into 1/4 of the front seat of the Jeep, with bags of supplies in the footwell, and still hold on to 10 foot boards so they don't go through the front window.  I can carry and cut wood like a fuckin lumberjack. Table saw, you don't scare me. I have my own tool belt. In other words, Amber and Danny are fence building BOSSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment