Soooo, I just turned 34! I am now solidly in my mid 30s and this is kinda stressing me out. As I look toward the big 3-5, I have some things I want to do with my life. By the time I turn 35, I want to be stronger, feel better and live more. Over the past few years, I feel like I've lost myself a bit. I'm more nervous, not as adventurous, less extroverted, not as connected with the people who mean the most to me and I want to get out of that. This is the year for me to get stronger, feel better, live more and get back to me. Old Amber is pretty rad, and this shell of myself that I feel like is not the business.
So, without any further ado, here's my 35 by 35. All sorts of things that I want to accomplish over the next 360 days. And friends, I'm definitely going to need some help to get through them all! Some are out of my comfort zone, some I have no idea how to do, and others are specifically built to do with people.
Let's do this!
- Shouldermount (This has been my nemesis move for all my poledancing life. It will happen this year)
- Deadlift handstand (Another nemesis)
- Milk a cow
- Make booze (We tried to make hard cider a couple years ago. Epic fail but we've got some ideas to make it better this time around.)
- Perform in front of at least 50 people (A play? Pole dance? Pechakucha? SO MANY OPTIONS!)
- Write something that gets published (I think this is the year of He Said/She Said...)
- Make clothes to sell
- Design and sew a sweet ass party dress for my 35th birthday (This means I'm going to have to throw a sweet ass 35th birthday party. Get ready)
- Hot air balloon ride
- Plan an event for at least 5000 people
- Complete a triathlon
- Complete a half marathon (I started training for this yesterday AND ran a full mile without stopping. What??!!)
- Visit another country
- Be in a play (If at least 50 people attend, that's 2 birds with one stone!)
- Drop social media for a month
- Get back to writing...blog once a week
- Girls' weekend road trip
- Make cheese
- Visit 5 national parks
- Go rustic camping
- Go glamping
- SPLITS! Right, left and box
- Learn a new skill...blacksmithing, maybe? (Columbus Idea Foundry, here I come!)
- Tough Mudder
- Go on a cruise (I'm terrified of cruises. The idea of being stuck on a boat that may have mechanical failures, or norovirus outbreaks, or sink in the ocean gives me anxiety. But I could maybe manage a river cruise...)
- Give back to the community and join a board
- Put together a business plan for my own event space!
- Waters Family Vacay!
- Get my CMP
- Take a fangirl picture with a celebrity
- Go to a fancy schmancy gala
- Attend a professional sports game
- Present at PechaKucha
- Do at least 1 random act of kindness a month
- Hold crow pose for at least 15 seconds (This one has been my yoga nemesis for years! I can kind of almost get it occasionally, but I'm so scared I'm going to break my face open!)
Happy Monday, lovebugs!